Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Deadwood: Cone of Silence lifted

I got to watch "Deadwood" last night before bed. I have to run to a press conference right now (Charlie Gibson via satellite from Jerusalem, and there's been some very healthy debate among the rest of the TCA over whether I still have to fulfill my promise to Katie Couric and ask Charlie about his wardrobe), so I don't have time for any real reviewing, but I figured I'd open the floor up. If I have time later today, I'll either pipe in with the comments, or maybe update this post.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought this was a nicely paced, quiet episode to counterbalance last week's fightfest. I sure wish Sol would have more to do, though. And I did enjoy Hearst's finger crack to Al. What a bastard!

Anonymous said...

Even better was what followed: Bullock's inquiry about Hearst's ear and Al's commentary as to how well Bullock was dissembling his attitude towards Hearst. Such subtlety all the way around. :)

Anonymous said...

If you want great subtlety, how about the scene where Charlie Utter reveals who Hearst's cell mate is? And then later tells Bullock how he allowed Hearst to talk to his ass? Hee hee hee!

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to the lesbionic bedroom action to come, with Joanie Stubbs putting the moves on Jane!

Anonymous said...

Albert Swearengen's visit to the Bullock house was swell from stem to stern.